General Terms & Conditions
- Direct Debit Committed Membership - This membership commits the club member for 12 months. The joining fee (payable once only at time of joining) and the first monthly payment is to be paid in advance, followed by 11 consecutive monthly payments.
- Annual Payments - This membership commits the club member for 12 months. The joining fee (payable once only at time of joining) and the annual fee is to be paid in advance.
- Joining Fee - All committed club members who allow their membership to expire will be expected to pay their joining fee again. A maximum of 7 days respite will be given.
- Adults applying for Family and Partnership membership must be partners i.e. married, engaged or living together.
- Children aged two years and under are entitled to free membership; children over this age and up to the age of eighteen are required to pay the additional child fee. Children may only join if a responsible family member or guardian is a current member of the Sports Centre.
- Cheques payable to St Mary’s School Services Ltd. Please ensure when paying by cheque or cash that you receive a receipt.
- Under the terms and conditions of the Data Protections Act 1984 we are required to inform you that membership information is held on a computer for St Mary’s School Services Ltd only.
- Membership is not transferable and access cards are not to be used by anyone other than the named member. Failure to comply with this condition will result in the termination of membership.
- The conveyances of personal business practices are forbidden on the premises i.e. personal training, sale of products etc.
- Guest passes are not distributed for each individual person within a membership category. All memberships have a maximum of 10 guest passes per membership per year.
- Under 16s are strictly not permitted to participate in any fitness class other than those in which have a specified age banding. i.e. After School Club.
Payments of membership fees may be made by Direct Debit at the rate set out on the membership fees form. Where the member elects to pay by Direct Debit the member undertakes to pay the relevant monthly amount for the full term specified on the application form i.e. either 12 month period or single month.
Direct Debit membership fees will be ongoing after the initial 12 month period is up. After this period a member can cancel their membership agreement by writing to their bank/building society and by also notifying us in writing 30 days before the payment date.
From time to time the collection date for Direct Debits may change; we will notify you of this in advance by giving at least 14 days notice.
If a member wishes to make a change to their Direct Debit membership i.e. the nominated account or type of membership, a new Direct Debit Instruction must be completed; these can be obtained from the Sports Centre reception.
Any amendments to a Direct Debit account must be received by the Manager 14 days prior to the Direct Debit collection date. Annual Payments - The joining fee (payable once only at time of joining) and the annual fee are to be paid in advance.
Members cannot sell, assign or transfer their membership card. We may terminate this agreement in the following circumstances:
a) If you commit a serious repeated breach of this agreement or the rules of membership and the breach, if capable remedy, is not remedied within 7 days of receipt of a default notice;
b) If any part of your membership fee remains unpaid for 30 days after its due date for payment; or
c) If you provide us with details which you know to be false when applying for membership and the false declaration would have reasonably affected our decision to grant membership.
If we terminate for any of these reasons, we reserve the right to retain a proportion of the money paid under this agreement, to cover reasonable costs we incurred as a result.
You may terminate this agreement by giving 30 days notice in writing if you are unable to use the facilities through serious illness or injury unlikely to preclude you from using the facilities for a period of at least 2 calendar months. (We will request reasonable evidence of your illness or injury – e.g. a doctor’s certificate).
You may also terminate this agreement if:
a) We significantly reduce facilities or opening hours of the facilities.
b) We close the facilities for refurbishment for a period of more than 4 weeks at a time.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to give you at least 45 days notice of the change (either in writing or by prominently displaying a sign in the centre) and, if you wish to terminate your membership due to the reasons stated above, you can give us 30 days notice in writing to terminate.
If you terminate your membership (in accordance with the terms stated above) we will refund any part of your membership fee, which you have paid in advance but which relates to a period after termination.
Please Note: St Mary’s School Sports Centre is a dual use facility and therefore available times of the fitness suite and swimming pool are subject to change.
Our liability to compensate you (in the case of loss or damage other than death or personal injury) is limited to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as whether the damage was due to a negligent act or omission by us.
We will compensate you for any loss or damage you may suffer if we fail to carry out our obligations under this agreement or to a reasonable standard or breach any duties imposed on us by law (including if we cause the death or personal injury to you by your own negligence) unless that failure is attributable to:
a) your own fault
b) a third party unconnected with our provision of service under the agreement ; or
c) events which neither we nor our suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken all reasonable care.
All members must ensure that they sign initially on joining stating that he/she is physically capable of undergoing the normal routine of exercise provided by the programme. It is the responsibility of the customer to update their medical records and / or address if this information should change. If in doubt consult your doctor before embarking on a routine of exercise and treatments and use of all our facilities shall be undertaken at the member’s own risk without any recourse on ourselves.
As a new member you agree to comply with the rules of membership, which are displayed prominently in the facilities and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may (unless stated elsewhere in this agreement) make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we give you notice of the changes.
Details of the facilities’ current opening hours are displayed in the centre.
Members must show a current membership card on each visit. This is an important security measure in the interest of all members and helps us eliminate unauthorised usage. If you have misplaced or lost your card, then we will issue a replacement card for a fee.
Members using the facilities must check in with reception on each visit.
Correct exercise attire must be worn at all times whilst exercising. Exercising is not allowed barefooted for hygiene reasons.
Any person arriving in a state of inebriation will not be admitted. Members must show consideration for one another in and around the facilities. In particular, profane or abusive language and the threats or use of violence will not be tolerated.
In the interest of safety, glass containers, jars and bottles are not allowed into the Sports Centre facilities.
Members must agree to follow all written and verbal instructions from staff as systems or procedures may change from time to time.
Members are requested not to lean on mirrors or walls. We request all members to wipe down equipment after use and not to wear outdoor/soiled footwear in the fitness suite.
The management may in its absolute discretion expel any member whose conduct is such as shall, in its opinion, be injurious to the interest of the members of the facilities. A member expelled shall forfeit any privileges of membership and all rights against St Mary’s School (Calne) Services Ltd.
Any breakages of equipment must be reported immediately. Any misuse of equipment or unnecessary rough handling will cause the member to be banned from the facilities for an indefinite period.
July 2021 Membership Promotion Terms & Conditions
- Offer valid between Thursday 1st – Saturday 31st July 2021.
- Offer applicable to committed/annual membership types only.
- Welcome sports bundle and voucher offers excluded for staff membership types and bolt ons.
- Individual voucher terms apply. See below.
- Offer available for new customers or returning customers whose previous membership expired over three months ago, there are no outstanding debts on the previous membership, nor was the previous membership terminated prior to its contractual end date.
- All rights reserved by St Mary’s (Calne) Services Ltd. All other membership terms and conditions apply.
- One sports bundle and voucher pack per membership type permitted, not per individual.
- All new members must complete a gym induction.
- This offer is not in conjunction with any other offer.
Voucher terms & conditions
- 2-month membership voucher – a 2-month complimentary membership extension will be provided to the member upon their first annual membership renewal, for the same membership type which they originally joined on.
- Free guest pass voucher – 10 free guest passes are valid for a single use of the fitness suite or swimming pool only. The paying member must be present with the guest when they visit to use the guest pass. Pre-booking is essential and the guest must sign a health commitment statement upon entry. Guest passes expire 31/10/2021.
- 20% off retail voucher – excludes all drinks. Retail voucher expires 31/10/2021.
- St Mary’s (Calne) Services Ltd does not accept any liability for the services or products supplied by the voucher provider(s).
- Vouchers are non-refundable and there is no cash alternative, nor is it in conjunction with any other membership promotion or voucher.
- All vouchers subject to expiry.
Nutrition product disclaimer
- St Mary’s (Calne) Services Ltd will not be held liable for any defective products or allergic reactions to any of the protein sachets or protein bars provided within the welcome bundle. Products may contain nuts, traces of nuts or may have been manufactured in close proximity to other products that contain nuts.